Monte Bristle Blaster
Advantages and Performance of the Bristle Blaster® Technology
- Removal of corrosion, mill scale and defunct protective coatings with a surface cleanliness similar to SA 2.5 (NACE No.2/SSPC-SP10 to SA 3 (NACE No.1/SSPC-SP5) Restores surface to DIN EN ISO 8501-1 / SA 2.5 to SA 3.
- Surface texture / Anchor profile up to 120µm (Rz) / 4.72 mils Roughness capability from 40- 120µm Rz / 1.57 – 4.72mils . Also in areas where blasting is not permitted. Applies for non-ferrous metals as well.
- Improved integrity of treated surfaces Generates compressive residual stress along treated surfaces providing crack growth resistance, improved fatigue life, and improved corrosion resistance.
- Negligible heat generation Surfaces free of thermal damage and/or heat marking.
- Eco Friendly GREEN surface preparation, does not use/produce hazardous materials. Low energy requirements.
- Simple and EconomicalEliminates the need for complex and costly abrasive blast equipment. Benefits include:
- no recycling costs for contaminated blasting abrasives
- avoidance of major transport costs of the blasting abrasives
- rapid commissioning
- continuous in-service operation due to ergonomic low system vibration (Vibration test)
Functionality of the Bristle Blaster® Technology
The rotating bristles are dynamically tuned to the power tool resulting in an impact and immediate retraction of the bristle tips from the working surface (see video below).
The bristle tips are designed to strike the corroded surface with a kinetic energy that is equivalent to grit blast media, thereby generating a texture and visual cleanliness that mimics the grit blasting process.